Friday, January 18, 2008

Frozen Branch

Somehow I'd never thought of myself as a frozen branch before. A little surprising given the level of introspection that comprised my day in, day out existence.

Yet there I was introspecting and rehashing insights once again. All initiated by looking out my office window at a refugee robin perched upon what I came to think of as my very soul.

The people I knew were all accidental tourists seeking no more than minimal support. A respite from their own weighty worlds. Perhaps a perch to gain new perspective in their search for sustenance and meaning.

I'm sorry Natalie, our time is up for this week. Yes, it certainly did fly by. Let's continue this next week, shall we?

As Natalie made her way out the door, I looked out the window once again. The robin was gone. The now empty frozen branched trembled slightly in the receding light of a late afternoon winter day.

Written in response to...

No comments: